- Who can use the self-service recording studios?
They are intended for staff to create teaching and learning resources. Other uses will be considered, on application, by the Associate Director, Learning Environments.
- How to I get access to the self-service recording studios?
On the day of your allocated booking, collect the room key from the library service desk, ensuring you have your staff ID card for validation. To join the service desk queue use the ticket machine, selecting the ‘Library’ option. NOTE: at peak periods there may be a longer wait time.
- What times are the self-service recording studios available?
The room key is collected from the library service desk. Access to the room reflects their hours of operation.
- What do I do if I need more time at the end of my session to complete my recording?
Check with the library service desk to see if there is a booking following your session. If no other bookings are scheduled you may continue using the room by asking the library staff to extend your booking in Calendar. Please be aware of the closing time of the service desk for returning the key.
- What do I do with the key if someone arrives at the room for their booking as I am finishing up?
You will need to return the key to the library service desk to ensure your staff card is marked as having returned the key. The other person can return to the desk with you to borrow the key with their card.
- Is there a limit to how long or how often I book the room?
In peak times please limit your booking length to two hours. You can book the room as many days that suits your schedule. However, if the self-service studio is in high demand you may not be able to have all your preferred time slots.