Booking the self-service recording studio
- Check the opening hours for the Baillieu Library (Please note you are not able to access the room during ‘After Hours Study Zone’ times as there are no desk staff available to provide the key.
- Create an appointment in your own calendar and invite !Baillieu 1st Flr LE Studio-Self. You will be able to check availability before sending the invite via the scheduling feature in Outlook but the room will reject any attempted double-bookings. Please consider others users by limiting your bookings to two hours per day.
- You will get an automated response from the room if the booking is accepted.
Using the self-service recording studio
On the day of your booking:
- Collect the room key from the ground floor Baillieu Library service desk. Have your staff ID card ready for check-out. Use the ticket machine to join the service desk queue, selecting the ‘Library’ option. At peak times the queue may be up to 5 minutes.
- Use the Self-service recording studio user guide to record your content
- Return the key to the service desk.
Support on the day
As this is a self-service recording studio, on-demand technical support is limited but check the latest information in the room for technical issues.
To log a support query or technical problem with the equipment, please use the general enquiry form.
The following software options are available:
Equipment and software set-up
- Computer – Apple iMac
- Microphone – Two Rode Procaster mics on boom stands
- Audio Interface – Focusrite 2i2
- Headphones – Beyerdynamic DT770 (80 Ohm)
- Screen capture software – Screencast-O-Matic
The self-service recording studio is located in room 128 on the first floor of the Baillieu Library. You need to collect the room key from the ground floor Baillieu Library service desk.