Using Zoom for synchronous tutorials
Zoom is integrated into the LMS and is the recommended tool for synchronous online sessions.
This page provides an overview of Zoom, and includes links to guides for setting up the software on your computer and for getting help.
Staff and students can also set up and use Zoom on a mobile device. Here’s where to download:
Zoom support, resources and training
Zoom technical support can be requested via the service desk.
For learning and teaching advice with regards to using Zoom in your subjects, please submit a support request with Learning Environments.
- Zoom.us runs live online training. Although most sessions are not aimed at educators, the training resources will still help you learn your way around Zoom. (Select the option 'Zoom Meetings' on the training registration page.)
- Zoom.us also has recordings of their trainings.
- Zoom.us has guides for everything; see the getting started page for links.
- How to keep uninvited guests out of your Zoom event
- Settings for preventing Zoom-bombing
- How do I make sure my first Zoom session is a success?
- How do I prepare and familarise my students with Zoom?
- How do I minimise and troubleshoot audio and connectivity issues in Zoom?
- How do I practice Zoom by myself using two devices?
- How do I manage large classes in Zoom?
- How do I record my Zoom session to the Cloud and give students access?
- How do I use Zoom features to engage my students in active learning in live online sessions?
This page was last updated on 09 Jun 2021.
Please report any errors on this page to our website maintainers