Designing for online learning: Enhancing the student experience in the LMS
Uncover design principles and techniques for enhancing the student learning experience through the Canvas LMS
About this session
The learning management system (LMS) is a powerful tool that can impact and enhance students' overall learning experience.
This session will look at how the student experience can be enhanced through the LMS. Participants will explore the different ways of setting up an LMS subject – from setting up assignments and modules to basic page structure. Using two sample subjects, participants will have the opportunity to critically evaluate and discuss best practice design to deliver the optimal student learning experience.
Who should attend:
- Staff who teach into or support blended or fully online subjects and would like to restructure their content in the LMS
- Staff who are eager to explore online learning activities
- Comparing various ways of setting up learning activities and materials
- How to best utilise the features in Canvas for blended learning and fully online subjects
- Understand best practice techniques and tips for reshaping content in the LMS
Nathan Grieve | Learning Environments
Nathan is a Learning Designer at Learning Environments. He has supported staff across multiple Faculties with their migration to Canvas, and with FlexAp subjects. He is interested in learning new technologies and discovering new approaches to online learning.
Fiona Broussard | Learning Environments
Fiona is a Learning Designer with Learning Environments, working on the FlexAP project to transform face-to-face subjects to online delivery. She also manages the Learning Environments newsletter and supports staff by designing and delivering professional development workshops.
This session is open to University of Melbourne staff only
Registrations open 30 days prior to workshop dates
If the session is full please join the waitlist
View all upcoming Designing for Learning with Technology sessions.