Semester 2 subjects will be made available to students on Friday 13 July
- All Semester 2, 2018 subjects (2018_SM2) will automatically be made available to students in the LMS on Friday 13 July 2018 at 10:00am.
- All Semester 1, 2018 subjects (2018_SM1) will automatically become unavailable to students in the LMS on Friday 27 July 2018 at 10:00am.
- Subjects in other 2018 teaching periods (e.g. 2018_AUG or 2018_TM3) or MERGE_2018 subjects, will not be updated automatically and will require subject coordinators to make the subject available or unavailable at the appropriate time.
Remember, you don’t have to wait until this date! You can make your update the availability of your subject or community in the LMS, as well as any content within it at any time using the following options.
To change whether a subject or community is available to students:
- Log in to the LMS and navigate to your subject or community
- In the Control Panel, click on Customisation, then Properties
- Under the heading “Set Availability”, change Make Subject Available to Yes or No
- Click Submit
An alternative to making the entire subject available or unavailable to students is to choose to make certain content visible or invisible to students within the subject.
While you are finalising content, you can decide which menu items are shown or hidden and decide which items within each page should be visible to students.
To change whether a page is available to students:
Using the Show/Hide Link setting, you can choose which menu items are visible to students:
To change whether a content item is available to students:
Edit an item on your content page to control whether it displays to students.
Using the Permit Users to View this Content = NO setting, you can also choose which items on a page are visible to students:
If you have any difficulty or queries regarding making subjects available to students, please submit a support request.
Get in touch