LMS app ‘Blackboard Mobile Learn’ is being phased out
Blackboard is phasing out the University’s current LMS app, ‘Blackboard Mobile Learn’.
From August 1st, the ‘Blackboard Mobile Learn app will no longer be available to download from Apple App or Google Play stores. From August 31st the app will no longer be supported by Blackboard.
The ‘Blackboard Mobile Learn’ app is being replaced by two apps, a student app and staff app.
The student app is called ‘Blackboard app’ and provides students with access to their available LMS subjects.
The staff app is called ‘Blackboard Instructor’ and provides staff-level access to LMS subjects.
Both apps are now available in the Apple and Google Play stores for Apple and Android mobile users. Access to LMS communities via the new apps is not yet available but planned for future versions of both these apps.
Links to apps
- Apple App store: ‘Blackboard app’ for students
- Apple App store: ‘Blackboard Instructor’ app for teaching staff
- Google Play: ‘Blackboard’ app for students
- Google Play: ‘Blackboard Instructor’ app for teaching staff
- Microsoft Store (Windows): ‘Blackboard’ app for students
Help with apps
To report any issues with the new apps please lodge a support request here.
Get in touch