Exporting final grades from LMS for StudentOne
If you’ve been using the LMS Grade Centre all semester to keep track of tests, assignments and exam grades, you’re probably getting very close to putting the official student grades into the University’s student management system, StudentOne (previously known as ISIS).
The embedded video below is an excellent explanation on how to do this, but in summary, the steps are:
- Download the data entry template from StudentOne (or request it from your appropriate departmental support staff)
- Download the results from the LMS Grade Centre (Work Offline >> Download >> choose ‘Selected column’ and select the column with overall subject result >> Submit)
- Sort both spreadsheets so they are both ordered by student ID
- Convert the downloaded LMS results number format from ‘percentage with two decimal places’ to ‘whole number’, using the formula: =ROUND((E2*100),0)
- Paste the data (use ‘paste values’) from the LMS download spreadsheet into the StudentOne data entry template
- Change grades if needed, for example, to 49 if hurdle requirements have not been met
The data can then be uploaded into StudentOne, as per appropriate departmental/Faculty processes.
Note: In case you’re wondering why the LMS can’t automatically populate the grades into StudentOne, the reason is simple – quality control. If grades were automatically sent from LMS to StudentOne and there was a mistake in a component grade (e.g. a student was accidentally graded as 80 out of a possible 50 for an assignment), it would have a dramatic effect on a student’s subject grade. We need real people involved to perform the appropriate checks to ensure grades are correct. After all, getting the subject grades correct is rather important!
Guides that also may help
- Grade Centre – Transferring grades from LMS to StudentOne – link to above animated guide
- Calculating Weighted Grades in LMS – PDF guide
- Grade Centre – PDF guide
- All Grade Centre guides
As always, if you need any assistance please do not hesitate to submit a support request.
Get in touch