Designing for learning with technology: professional development for staff
Learning Environments and the Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education have just launched the Designing for learning with technology professional development program, with the first workshop beginning on 27 April.
The program builds on existing LMS workshops, and provides a wide and interesting variety of interactive workshops and practice sessions covering pedagogical and technology related issues in learning and teaching, and will assist staff in developing expertise and confidence in their learning, teaching and assessment activities.
The professional development program includes three streams:
- Theory, research and practice workshops: providing theoretical foundations for the use of certain educational technologies
- Practical pedagogy sessions: showcasing examples of how staff (academic and professional) have applied technology to enhance engagement and the learning experience
- Masterclasses: introducing new tools, activities and ideas in extending the possibilities of digital and media technologies in teaching.
- View the full program and schedule
- Other Learning Environments professional development opportunities
- Programs offered by the Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education