Embed communication skills in your LMS subject
Are you looking for ways to develop your students’ oral and written communication skills in 2018? Now is a great time to approach Academic Skills to embed academic, English language, intercultural and professional skills, developed by the University, in your subject. The staff at Academic Skills can collaborate with you to develop targeted resources in the LMS, design classroom activities, deliver embedded workshops and more. To discuss how Academic Skills can best support you, submit a request via the online embed form.
The Academic Skills Hub Community
A reminder that Academic Skills also offers an Academic Skills Hub; a community that is available as an interactive online learning tool with information and resources on:
- Study Skills
- Research Skills
- Academic Writing
- Referencing and Using Sources
- Exam Skills
There are two ways to use this resource:
1. Self-enrol in the LMS Community to access the resources
- Log into the LMS and click on the Communities tab.
- Search for ‘Academic Skills Hub’ and click enrol to join the community – or log into the LMS first, and then click on the link: http://bit.ly/ASHub
2. Link to the Hub from your subject or collaborate with Academic Skills to embed specific skills
Contact Academic Skills to discuss how to embed targeted links for your subject in the LMS.