Blackboard decommission: content retrieval from Institution and Personal folders and Playpen
As part of the process to decommission the University’s previous LMS (Blackboard), content in ‘Institution Folders’ and ‘Personal Folders’ will no longer be available from early September 2020. The steps below outline how you can retrieve this content, and what tools are best to store and manage your content.
If you use these folders and wish to retrieve their content:
- Login to Blackboard.
- Click on your name.
- Tools > Managed Content.
- Select the file(s) you wish to retrieve.
- Click Download.
Please also note that Blackboard Playpens will no longer be available from early September 2020.
It is recommended you store your retrieved content in the appropriate University-approved tool(s):
- Canvas Subject Shells or Playpen: subject-related content
- Canvas Commons: subject-related templates and content you wish to share across multiple subjects.
- Kaltura MediaSpace: video and audio content
- OneDrive: personal content
- Sharepoint: content files you wish to share with multiple users
- CloudStor: larger content files you wish to share with multiple users
For comprehensive advice on storing and managing your Canvas content, please refer to the managing your file content in Canvas Learning Environments news article.
If you wish to retrieve content from your Blackboard ‘Institution Folders’, ‘Personal Folders’, and/or Playpen, please do so by Monday 31 August 2020.
If you require assistance or have any questions relating to Blackboard content retrieval or Canvas content management, please contact us via ServiceNow.