Restoring and Deleting Pages in your LMS subject or community
Let’s look at two Canvas functions that can save you headaches and heartaches.
How do I restore a Canvas page to an earlier saved version?
We’ve all been there. You’ve added to or revised content on a Canvas page and when you save your changes, it’s turned out to be a disaster because your images are no longer aligned or a crucial table has disappeared. But do not despair! Canvas has a function that allows you to review and restore a previously saved version of your page:
- Go to the top right hand corner of a page (no need to click Edit) and click on the 3 vertical dots button
- Select 'View Page History' from the drop-down menu
- You will see a list of the recent pages saved
- Click 'restore this version' to revert to that version from the list that you would like to restore as your current page
I’ve removed a page from a Module, how do I also remove it from my Pages area?
Removing a page from a module means the page will disappear from the module, but it still exists in the Pages area of your subject/community. This can mean that your Pages list can become very long with pages that you no longer need! To tidy up your Pages area and *permanently* delete pages that you no longer need:
- Click on the 'Pages' area in your subject menu, then click 'View All Pages'
- Select any pages you want to delete forever using the check-boxes in the left hand column
- Click on the 'Rubbish Bin' icon at the top right hand corner to delete the selected pages
**Note that Pages deleted in this way are permanently deleted and cannot be retrieved, so we recommend to only delete pages that you are sure you do not need!
For further support using the LMS, contact Learning Environments.