What formats are provided?
Your lecturer decides what formats are provided for their subject. One or more of the following may be made available:
- MP3 – audio download format
- M4V – screen capture download format
- echoplayer screen capture streamed format.
- How can I download a file?
- Hover over Download.
- Click Video Podcast.
- Wait for the Quicktime plug-in to open the recording.
- Pause the recording by clicking on the Pause symbol.
- Right click (control click on a Mac) the Download Media File link.
- Select Save Link As and browse to where you would like to save the file.
- Open with iTunes, Quicktime, VLC, etc.
- I get an error message ‘Duplicate headers received from server’ when trying to download using Chrome.
This issue only occurs in Chrome. Try copying the link to another browser (e.g. Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
- Why can’t I access the files? I get an error message.
- Our media servers are on public IP addresses and have no access restrictions in place
- The files are delivered from ports 80, 8080 and 1935
- Check that your local firewall is not stopping network traffic on these ports
- Some workplaces (and faculties and residential colleges) also restrict internet traffic over particular ports and this may be causing the problem
- If you need help, ask your local IT support.
- Some entries on the recordings page have the date and subject/title but do not have any files available under the ‘Launch Echo’ or ‘Download’ links.
These recordings either failed, or have been withdrawn or deleted at the request of the lecturer. Why am I having problems streaming a recording from Echo360? The quality of service is difficult to guarantee over wireless networks or third party VPNs. Disconnect your VPN or watch the recording from a stable connection.