Staff will not need to book recordings for centrally timetabled lectures, and alterations to the timetable will automatically adjust the recording schedule. Recording of other teaching activities (e.g. seminars or tutorials) and activities not in the central timetable can be booked.
When a booking is required:
- Check that your venue is enabled for Lecture Capture.
- Complete the Lecture Capture booking form at least five working days (ten days in peak time) before the scheduled event.
- Manual bookings will receive a confirmation email, please check and report any errors immediately.
- Staff and students access lecture recordings though a link from the LMS. This link also allows staff to check which Lecture Capture recordings are scheduled in the Lecture Capture system. To add the Lecture Capture link to a LMS subject refer to the guide linking to Lecture Capture.
- At the scheduled time the recording will start automatically. Venues with touch panels show the “recording” button when the session has started.
Once the Lecture Capture recording has commenced processing, you’ll receive a system generated email. If your recording is for a LMS subject, the email will include instructions on adding a link to the recording in the LMS. If you requested an individual recording for a seminar or conference, the email will contain download links in the following formats:
- Vodcast playback – downloadable M4V video file.
- Podcast playback – downloadable MP3 audio file.
How to ensure a high quality Lecture Capture recording
To ensure high quality Lecture Capture recordings within a venue:
- Before your presentation, review the Copyright Office’s advice on using copyright material in lectures.
- Make sure you know how to use lectern touch panels.
- Make sure you know how to pause Lecture Capture recording, and remember to pause your recording when you present copyrighted material or confidential information.
- Always wear the lapel microphone provided.
- Repeat any questions asked by the audience to ensure both question and answer are recorded.
- Stop the Lecture Capture recording if you finish early, especially if you hold personal discussions at the end of a lecture.