Learning Environments are experts in developing both mobile apps and mobile optimised websites. The right solution for you depends on the learning outcome you’re trying to achieve. Talk to us and we’ll help you weigh up the pros and cons.
Some reasons you might choose a mobile app over a website are:
- Interactivity: Mobile apps enable more complex kinds of interaction than websites
- Personalisation: Apps can remember a user’s preferences and usage history, providing an environment personalised to their needs
- Native functionality: Unlike a website, a mobile app can make full use of the built-in features of the mobile device, such as its GPS, compass/magnetometer, accelerometer, gyroscope and barometer, phone, address book, camera and microphone
- Signal processing: Mobile apps can analyse information captured from the device at lightning speed. This enables exciting features like augmented reality, musical note recognition, and programmable map overlays
- Offline operation: Mobile apps can function without an internet connection. Data captured by the device is stored locally until a reliable connection is available.
If a mobile app proves to be the right solution for you, Learning Environments can create highly engaging apps for both iOS and Android platforms. We can also help you host your app, whether locally, on Apple’s App Store, or on Google Play.